The motion is good but a lil to weak. The motion is good but a lil to weak, i have m-s so legs are very stiff and sometimes the motor is not strong enough to move my left leg without help, but overall a good light product to use,.
A decent product that could be better. A well made bit of kit, it makes all difference having a bit of a helping hand when you pedal. The led readout was hard to see fixed on the frame and the remote had quite a strong lead on it that was a bit of a pain to keep in the hand. If the remote was free like a tv remote with the lcd details on it i would have given it 5*. Also, it interfered with my dab radio when running.
And nph it is really good to strengthen his muscles after a long stay in. My husband has parkinsons, and nph it is really good to strengthen his muscles after a long stay in hospital. Here are the specifications for the Total NEW 2016 – MotorVator Twin Drive Plus – by Rehabilitation – Motorised Mini Exercise Bike – An Easy:
- This premium quality product is suitable for both home and clinical use. Helps improve muscle strength, flexibility and circulation. Ideal for anyone with limited mobility.
- Exercise the lower and upper body with or without motor assistance. this item if used without power will have a single level of fixed resistance and would be equivalent to a gentle bike ride up a slight incline.
- Optional accessories available include pedals for large feet, flat based pedals with easy release/adjust straps and foam easy grip hand pedals.
- Quiet, adjustable speed, handheld remote for easy control. Includes Slip-Resistant Protective Mat for hard surface floors or table tops.
- Arrives ready assembled and with folding pedals makes this easy to carry and store.
Can be used either motorised or not. Motorised speed ideal for recovery and moving on to unmotorised use. Wish i had heard of this product years ago – definitely a must if you need to recuperate before moving on to unassisted cycling.
I’m wheelchair bound and this gives my legs a work out excellent product.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Excellent service, thanks
- MotorVator Twin Drive
- At last, one to keep
I bought this for my 85 year old mum who was pretty unstable on her legs and was rapidly becoming a couch potato/ 2 years ago she had issues with a trapped nerve in her back which left her unable to walk and in hospital for almost a month. This incident completely robbed her of her confidence, and as a result, she stopped moving, preferring to sit as still as possible in case it happened again. I hated that she couldn’t even walk the five minutes from her house to mine without wobbling and getting totally out of breathe and decided to look at the options available to help get her moving again. That was how i came across this motorvator. Yes, it is expensive, but it feels of a very solid build quality. It required very little assembly – as i recall, all i had to do was to flip out and secure the pedals and it was good to go. The electric motor rotates the pedals which means to a point, it does the donkey work, making the persons legs go round, but as my lovely mum has proven, once you get the hang of it, it becomes less and less necessary. I think of it more as a mental crutch for her, she knows it will help her, but she more or less does it all by herself. Now bear in mind my mother was very, very unfit, so we started her off on just 5 minutes twice a day and slowly, adding on half a minute a week, we have upped her to 9 minutes currently, with the aim being 10 minutes twice a day, building up the speed, and eventually, we will turn the motor off so she is doing it all by herself.
So far so good only actually used it once as i don’t want to over do it.