If you are just starting out this rower is great. If however you are already fit and strong it may not have enough resistance for you. I am someone who trains regularly (i’m 30) and is quite strong. I can row on the maximum resistance for a really long time (over 30 mins) and not get tired or achy. The rower is very comfy, strong, well made and so easy to assemble too.
Ok, we are never going to be olympic rowers, but for a great piece of exercise equipment to help with fitness this was a good choice. The unit arrived promptly and was easy to assemble following the instructions. The only instruction change i’d recommend is to fit the two foot rests to the cross bar before fitting the cross bar to the main frame, just easier that way. My wife and i have had the rower for about 2 months now and have both found it perfect for our fitness needs. It is of a solid construction and has a readout of time, speed, strokes etc. As with all exercise, the more you put in the more you get out, however a 20 minute row each day with the adjustable difficulty setting set to your choice has been good at getting ourselves in better shape. Rowing in front of the telly or to music, it’s amazing how quickly the 20 minutes passes. Of course you can do this more than once a day, as i expect we will be soon. So, recommended for a ‘back to fitness’ regime if you’ve let things go a bit :).
Ordered on a wednesday, delivered on thursday. Easy to follow instructions. Only suggestion is to attach foot rests to bar before attaching bar to mainframe. Here are the specifications for the Marcy Tunturi Marcy Regatta Folding Rowing Machine:
- Flywheel weight: 4kg/8.8 lbs, eight levels of magnetic resistance adjusted via tension dial
- LCD computer display readout: Time, distance, calories, strokes per minute
- Quick fold design, large ergonomic seat pad, aluminium seat rail, swivel pedals with security straps
- Maximum user weight limit: 110 kg/242 lbs/17.3 stone, transport wheels, 1 year warranty
- Assembled dimensions: L: 191 cm (75 inch) x W: 51 cm (20 inch) x H: 70 cm (27.5 inch), folded: L: 93 cm (37 inch) x W: 51 cm (20 inch) x H: 150 cm (59 inch)
Easy to assemble, easy to read display, already feeling fitter.
A good robust machine at a decent price.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Computer doesn’t measure distance
- the machine is perfect but for my requirements I find it too low
- Great way to get fit without leaving home
As with all home gym equipment, invest in a tub of grease. . Worth buying but get a tub or grease. Foot plates squeak after 12 km without this. Runners start to feel rough. But a £10 tub of grease will negate all these issues. Display is nice, has enough info. I have 34′ inside leg and this machine is long enough for my legs.
Great way to get fit without leaving home. Great for the home, not too big and works well. Very pleased with this purchase.